Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Face Off

Hi Everybody... Robin here.

Today I transfered the image of the Cat Face and MEOW design to the 13 mesh canvas. As with most things in life, you've got options.

In the first photo, you can see the paper pattern through the mesh. I used a mechanical pencil to trace the design on the canvas.

You can also tape your design/canvas onto a window and trace using the natural light. If you have a light box, you could use that as well. If you do need to erase, be sure to use a White art eraser.

I did use a faint, light touch. I also made a mark on the canvas to indicate where to place the first stitch. I began stitching in the Cat Face.

So far I have chosen Silk 'n Ivory Natural and Silk 'n Ivory Sacré Blue 114; they complement the Canvas Tote quite nicely. I will look into my stash for the eye threads... shouldn't be a problem. Thanks, Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive