I can't believe it is May already. I am going to put Frank on the shelf and get going on part two of the Haunted House. I am using my new frame stand from K's Creations. It clamps on both sides of the canvas. The Evertite stretcher bars are quite heavy, so this set up is better than a clamp on one side only.
And this guide is FULL of tips. Great tips. I will share one that is universal so those of you who are not stitching Halloweenies with us can use it.
"When a straight stitch meets a slanted stitch on a needlepoint canvas, there is always a decision to be made. Do I work the straight stitch and cover part of the slanted stitch next to it or do I not work the straight stitch and leave a tiny bit of canvas showing? The decision breaking question is, "Who owns the line?" In other words, which object is in front of the other? If the straight stitch is on the object to the front, then, yes, stitch it to slightly cover the slanted stitch. If the straight stitch is on the object to the back, then, no, don't take that last stitch; leave a tiny bit of canvas showing."
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (41)
- ► 2012 (71)
- ► 2011 (119)
- Happy Weekend
- EOW ?
- Celtic Cross and Needlepoint Now
- Tying Up Loose Ends
- The end of May
- Mewtopia update
- Amy's on the BlogTalkRadio
- Face Off
- Measure Twice... Stitch Once
- One Mewtopia donation: coming up!
- Nice day
- Just another pretty face.
- Door done
- Raised Stem reminder
- Ghost Window
- lower floor windowpanes...and no guilt!
- Haunted House window preparation
- Third floor window with the ghoul in the striped c...
- Glitter Glue
- Bricks on the bottom of the Haunted House
- Haunted House window tips & Glitter Glue
- Robin is teaching this canvas at Columbus TNNA Sum...
- Begin House Part Two
- ▼ May (26)