I started on the bride today. The bottom border with the skulls/bridesmaids is the first item to be stitched. I had a little trouble with the compensation. After examining the stitch for a while, I decided to do the top row of little stitches to make sure I got to the other edge ok. If you get to the end of the border and are compensating the small stitch, you are off . It should count out even.
Then I worked each area between the bridesmaids.
I wasn't sure about the compensation around the rat, so I did what looked positive and left the other areas open. I would rather go back and fill in than go back and take out.
As I saw how the charted rat was going to fill in, I could go back and fill areas I wasn't sure of.
There we are. No, I haven't done the bullion knots for his tail and ears yet. Still practicing!
I had hoped to finish skulls, but I can't find the thread for the eyes, nose and mouth in my Halloweenies threads. Of all the thread I have in this house, where could it be. Well, I know where I can get some more!