Saturday, June 19, 2010

Floating Cat - Pumpkin Balloon continues

Hi Everybody... Robin here.

Today is my first day to "relax" since I came home from the TNNA/Columbus Market. Laundry is done, and it's time to work on some needlepoint... for me. So, for your viewing pleasure, here is an updated progress report on the Floating Cat with Pumpkin Balloon, the cute canvas from Kirk & Hamilton.



I finished beading the Pumpkin. The Bricked Beading turned out nice, don't you think? To review this technique, here's the link from the NSH blog posting called Beading the Pumpkin Balloon from April 08, 2010. (Yikes! Where has the time gone?) I also used Petite Frosty Rays to Basketweave the dark voids of the Eyes and the Mouth. This Balloon is really fun to touch. Have you considered doing any Bricked Beading? Let us know where and how the experience was for you. You're gonna love it!

Next is the Floating Cat. I think he will have a sleek, shiny black coat. Pardon me while I dig through the BLACK threads in my Stash.


I should have just the right thing. See you soon!  Robin

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robin,

    I had forgotten how great the beading is on this piece. Love the background stitch too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Peggy. I owe it all to you, your PEAR, and Amy's suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive