Saturday, February 20, 2010
Wimsy and grace brick cover (11638B)
Here is what I will be working on until we start stitching Striha Cal-dron. This is one of those projects that you can visit anytime for some nice basketweave stitching. Amy has suggested a stitch for me to use in the green background. I am almost finished with the pears, (with Vineyard Silk). Then on to the leaves. I haven't decided if I will use a special stitch on the leaves. I will probably use stranded silk.
Isn't it fun to look at a canvas and say...I will use silk here, wool there, ribbons here and perle there. The longer we stitch the more creative we get. Then sometimes there is a canvas that is just for relaxation and basketweave is the stitch of choice. And why is it we, (I), have several canvases that could be finished in just a few hours, yet I will turn to a new one, or even another one that is "in progress". We had this discussion today in the shop with several customers. It is like we can't say good-by. Or we don't want to make a finishing plan.
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (41)
- ► 2012 (71)
- ► 2011 (119)
- Outlines done.
- Floating Cat
- Getting ready
- Katt Z. Witch & Stitch Guide are now available.
- Pears didn't last long/Gonna work on Roo Bear
- Needle News
- Kitty Bra & Tap Pants are finished
- She's ready for her close-up.
- Wimsy and grace brick cover (11638B)
- A Tip from Caron
- An update from Melinda
- Just when you think you are done...
- Nice shading
- Weekend Stitching/Set little goals/Meet the Groom
- Color Tip
- Green walls
- Pink Background -- Phase 1
- Our turn!
- One window outlined.
- The Big Reveal
- Gloriana Lorikeet and the House
- Have you ever Felt like this?
- A Cover Up in the Making
- Big Canvas
- ▼ February (24)