Thursday, February 18, 2010

An update from Melinda


Hi, everyone - I finished the large left section of the second floor this evening. It took longer than I expected to get a rhythm going and it seemed as though every time I picked up some speed there was some compensating to do and then I would get confused as to where I was in the pattern. I finally realized I needed a vertical reference for stitches in addition to the horizontal rows that I was stitching. So, where I could I would stitch a vertical line of stitches - long, short, short, long - for my vertical reference point. I hope that makes sense! I think the next sections will go a little more quickly - mostly because I learned a lot in the larger section and also the next sections are smaller - yay! Love having the Olympics to watch (or listen to) while stitching. Peggy, I think your zigzag section of stitching looks just fine. No one would ever know that you hadn't planned it.

Melinda


Thanks for your update Melinda. Needlepoint Study Hall welcomes notes and comments from our Halloweenies Family.

Peggy

2 comments:

  1. The haunted house is so much fun to stitch. I can't seem to get anything else done! Here is a little tip that has helped me with compensating around interrupted areas of siding. For instance, when you have to move from one side of a window to the other just go ahead and stitch out of sequence and carry the pattern over the window to the other side with just one vertical row. Example: with the giant florentine variation I would stitch 4,4,8,4,4,8 until I get to the other side and then continue with the horizontal rows as before. Hope this helps someone. Caron Mayo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip. I will share it as a post in case people don't read the comments.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive