Saturday, February 13, 2010
Weekend Stitching/Set little goals/Meet the Groom
As we move into this weekend, hopefully more people will be moving on to the walls of the Haunted House. I can't stress how important it is to break the work into sections. That's the only way I could look at it without feeling overwhelmed. There's a lot of house to stitch. I urge you to needle up say six needles with each combination of threads. It is so much easier to just tie off and slip the new needle in where you have just left off. Plus it makes it easy to change color combinations as you approach areas where you would like the threads to be darker. Does that make sense? I have had a few arguments with the Lorikeet. Remember Amy's tip in the directions. And that's another reason to go on and strip a lot of Lorikeet at one time. Grrr. Make sure you understand that each story of the house has a different stitch. It would be so easy to mindlessly repeat a pattern all the way to the roof.
Not that I think that any of you are "mindless"!
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (41)
- ► 2012 (71)
- ► 2011 (119)
- Outlines done.
- Floating Cat
- Getting ready
- Katt Z. Witch & Stitch Guide are now available.
- Pears didn't last long/Gonna work on Roo Bear
- Needle News
- Kitty Bra & Tap Pants are finished
- She's ready for her close-up.
- Wimsy and grace brick cover (11638B)
- A Tip from Caron
- An update from Melinda
- Just when you think you are done...
- Nice shading
- Weekend Stitching/Set little goals/Meet the Groom
- Color Tip
- Green walls
- Pink Background -- Phase 1
- Our turn!
- One window outlined.
- The Big Reveal
- Gloriana Lorikeet and the House
- Have you ever Felt like this?
- A Cover Up in the Making
- Big Canvas
- ▼ February (24)