Monday, February 15, 2010
I am pleased with my strategy, (Amy's Tip), to stitch the lightest thread combination down the center of this section of the Haunted House. I stitched the darker colors as I moved out to the windows. It really gives it a weathered look.
I also played with the color on this edge of the house. I think it will look great when we add the ivy around this area. It adds a level of fun to play with the color. Each house will be unique. But don't get bogged down playing with color. The characters in the windows will be what pops out. As I stitched the area behind the railings, I just stitched whatever color came naturally out of the skein. I can't wait for you to see the railing that Amy has created for us.
We've still got two weeks to finish this part of the house. Just stitch a little every day.
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (41)
- ► 2012 (71)
- ► 2011 (119)
- Outlines done.
- Floating Cat
- Getting ready
- Katt Z. Witch & Stitch Guide are now available.
- Pears didn't last long/Gonna work on Roo Bear
- Needle News
- Kitty Bra & Tap Pants are finished
- She's ready for her close-up.
- Wimsy and grace brick cover (11638B)
- A Tip from Caron
- An update from Melinda
- Just when you think you are done...
- Nice shading
- Weekend Stitching/Set little goals/Meet the Groom
- Color Tip
- Green walls
- Pink Background -- Phase 1
- Our turn!
- One window outlined.
- The Big Reveal
- Gloriana Lorikeet and the House
- Have you ever Felt like this?
- A Cover Up in the Making
- Big Canvas
- ▼ February (24)