Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Another Pretty Face

It has been great hearing about market from Robin.  I am so glad her classes went well.  And I look forward to seeing all of the great things Amy and Jill purchased.  In the meantime, I have been enjoying some quality stitching time.   I have finished the backgrounds and moved over to the top of the sarcophagus.

Here is a pretty and happy face.  If I had that much gold I would be happy too.



I moved on to the red area under this pretty face.  I started with the over one stitch to the left of his golden beard.   I wanted to have over one stitches on each edge to make the edges recede.  When we make the padded hood the red chest will recede even more.  


I then moved on to the blue area under the red bib.  We are stitching over the painted tassel and will make a real one later.  I marked the area to stitch over in a way that makes it clear where the Hood around the face will be stitched and where to end the blue area.

These two areas are done.  Here is that blue Plant Earth Silk I have fallen in love with.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Peggy! Gus is looking good! Great photos, too. I'm ready to begin stitching that golden face and can't wait to get to the beading on the case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have fallen in love with the earth fibers silk. Its awesome! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Peggy,

    It is good to have you back stitching. Gus looks great. Always find your hints helpful.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive