Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Teaching at Bedecked & Beadazzled

Hi Everybody.. Robin here... with more Baltimore memories.


On Sunday morning, time in the NeedleDeeva room went quickly. You could tell the Shop Owners had picked up the pace going from room to room. It was their last day of shopping. I gathered up all the Creeps and Halloween Tree to travel with me for my next destination. At 11:30AM my ride (Pat, a nice lady/employee from B&B) arrived to bring me to Bedecked & Beadazzled for my teaching gig: Skeleton (ND 0467-J) the 10th Creepy Character from NeedleDeeva.

What can be said about Bedecked & Beadazzled that hasn't already been said? All I could say was WOW to the bright LIME GREEN walls and Leopard spots carpeting in the class room. Her displays are fresh. Excellent lighting through out the shop. Her models are beautifully finished, each with that special "Ruth Schmuff" touch. I looked/shopped for fun things to bring home as mementos from this trip.




There was a nice assortment of sequins, brads and buttons from Doodlebug Design, Inc. I HAD to have them. Here's what I brought home. Don't know exactly when I will use them or on which design, but knowing they are in my stash gives me great pleasure.


I also picked up the Stitch Landscape book by Little Shoppe Canvas Company. This was my first time to really study it. Each page has 6 stitch diagrams. 75 pages, spiral binding. Numbered, too. You do the math... there's a lot of stitches in this little book. I have a feeling this book is going to be my next "new best friend" when I resume stitch guide writing.


Finally, look at the darling magnet I found. Actually, Vicky De Angelis found it first, and then, I had to have one, too. You can see wonderful photos of the Bedecked & Beadazzled store taken by Vicky De Angelis posted on her blog, Mostly Needlepoint.


Ruth took a lot of photos of me teaching. You can see them on her blog, It's Not Your Grandmother's Needlepoint. The class was full. I met new folks and met stitching buddies from Stitcherie and Facebook. The class was from 1PM-4PM and the time just flew by. Everyone got to see the entire group of Creepy Characters in person. I used the white eraser board for things needing further explanation. I signed the visiting Teachers Board. How exciting was that! Previous names included Tony Minieri, Brenda Hart, Meredith Willett, Julia Snyder... and now, me. (Somebody... pinch me, OK?)


After class, we went out to dinner at  Razorback's Raw Bar & Grill. Ruth, Pat, Kathy Balthrop (Stitching Studio & Gift Boutique/Richmond, VA) and I had more of the local fare (everyone say it with me...): CRAB CAKES. I was in my happy place.


It seems the favorite 2 sides with Maryland Crab Cakes are French Fries and Cole Slaw. Nothing wrong with that! The servings were plentiful; I brought half of the meal home for Monday's lunch before heading back to Memphis.

I had a wonderful time in Baltimore. Next will be the plane ride home to Memphis, Pat, the Mews and the Kittens: Leo and Lana. I sure do miss all of them. Thanks, Robin

1 comment:

  1. came out with the same packages when I first went to B&B. I think Ruth has psychic powers (she knows what we need ahead of time) :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive