Monday, August 15, 2011

Teaching and Feasting in Baltimore

Hi Everybody... Robin here... in Baltimore.

On Friday afternoon I taught the Fraidy Cat class to the Shop Owners attending the Baltimore Fall Market.  Yes, what you have read on other blogs is true: the arrival of the Fraidy Cat canvases were delayed one day beyond the teaching class. ( Déjà vu 2, anyone?) Luckily, this time we had  advanced notice and were able to devise a Plan B. Practice canvases were provided to the students thanks to Ruth Schmuff/Bedecked & Beadazzled, and we stitched our way through the stitch guide. Judee/NeedleDeeva came to the class and gave each student a Hooty Owl canvas as a "we apologize" gesture. Fraidy Cat did arrive the next day and all is right with the world.



Friday evening was a lovely dinner spent with a great group of people including Leigh Designs, Be Stitched Needlepoint, Sharon G, Team Deeva, Missy G and beau, and Stitchers Inc. We went to Kali's Court; ranked high on the Missy G favorites list.




My quest for crab continued. But I also tried some other food as well. I ordered off the Appetizers Menu: Cheese Tray, a chilled Gazpacho soup with Lump Crab meat, and Sea Scallops with Crab Ravioli & Goat Cheese. HEAVEN.


Oh, I forgot to mention the cocktail of the evening: the French Martini. I'm gonna do some more research on that drink. Ooo la la...  I really had the best time, and it's only Friday. More days to come. Thanks, Robin

3 comments:

  1. HUNGRY! I am hungry!

    Jane, starving for food and NP company here in CH (sob!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane. Good to hear from you. Sorry if all of the food is too much, but really... what's a blogging girl to do? I must share my Baltimore experience, right? And, after all... when we travel, don't we remember the meals the most? Blogging is so much fun. Thanks, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had that Martini after the "Noah's experience".
    Robin, it was great, we had a wonderful time and Bones is so cute; hope you come back soon for more. Say hello to Leo and Luna

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive