Saturday, August 13, 2011

I'd like the Crab again, Please

Hi Everybody... Robin here... from Baltimore.

Crab Tour 2011 continues. Let me tell you... Maryland people know how to do Crabs!




Friday morning I joined Missy G (from Baltimore), Sharon G (yes, the designer!... not related to Missy G), Vicky De Angelis (yes, the stitcher/Team Deeva compadre) for breakfast at Miss Shirley's Cafe. It was one of Missy's favorites restaurants. I was a Missy-lemming. I KNEW I didn't need to re-invent the wheel... just ask Missy what she has had in the past, and go with that!


First off was the Breakfast Cocktail... a Spirited Beverage, if you will. I had the Pink Lemonade with the Blues. I live in Memphis. I know the Blues. Let me tell you.. this was wonderful. Here's the direct description for those playing along at home:

Pink Lemonade with The Blues
Strawberry Lemonade & Stoli Blueberry Vodka
Garnished with Blueberries, Strawberry, Lemon & Rock Candy Swizzle Stick with a Sugar Rim


Missy ordered a plate of Fried Green Tomatoes for the table as well as Sweet Potato French Fries with Lemon Aioli for one dipping sauce and Mango Ketchup for the other dipping sauce. Heaven.

I could have stopped there... but I didn't. Next, we ordered our main dish. 


(Wait for it... what do you think I ordered?) I ordered the Crab Cake & Green Fried Tomatoes Eggs Benedict. I'll break it down for you:  Poached Eggs, Mini Jumbo Lump MD Crab Cakes on top of Fried Green Tomatoes,  Corn & Tomato Relish with Asparagus & Old Bay Hollandaise Sauce. So plentiful. So wonderful. I ate what I could and brought the rest home for lunch. 


It was a great way to start the day. Big thanks to Missy G. She is the ultimate Hostess, indeed. Next on the agenda was to check in with the Deeva as well as prepare for teaching the Fraidy Cat canvas. I'll report on it later. Thanks, Robin



2 comments:

  1. I'm drooling! Adding photos to the descriptions is cruel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Robin - have you tried the Lebanese Taverna in Harbor East? Best mezza we have had in years!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive