Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bullions

Thanks goodness for Amy's DVD #1, Tips, Hints and Knots.  I have been practicing making bullion knots with the aid of the DVD.  I am having success but not good enough, in my opinion, to put them on Stirha's face yet.  Amy offers a great tip for making bullion knots that I will share with those not getting the tip from the stitch guide.  It is to use a Milliners needle.  "The eye is very near the size of the shank of the needle necessitating very little loosening to slide the eye of the needle through the wraps."  This works quite well.  Now if I can just do it without poking myself with the sharp tip!

2 comments:

  1. Hip Hip Boo-ray…the parcel arrived yesterday!!!!

    Lisa will be stopping by after work today to pick up her part of the shipment and we will both begin tonight.

    We are determined to keep on track and finish on time, so not much else will be accomplished. Yikes what a crazy time for our housekeeper to go to Portugal for a holiday!!!

    Now back to reading all the tips posted here again.

    Happy Stitching
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great Susan. You won't be far behind me as I have had some distractions, but I hope to make some progress tomorrow.

    I love that..."Hip Hip Boo-ray". Too funny.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive