Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Stitching Update for the Kitty Bra & Tap Pants


Hi Everybody... Robin here. I've got some photos for you... Here's the first photo showing my current status of the Kitty Bra & Tap Pants.

I finished out the Gold Edge of the Tap Pants with a Vertical Satin stitch using 4 ply of the Gloriana Silk Floss #045 Lacquered Gold. (It was left over from stitching Katt Z. Witch.) Then I did the Madam Stitch using 1 strand of Petite Sparkle Rays PS70. I used more of the Soie Perlee Noir for the Basketweave inside each cup.

I did Inline Couching for the Gold Strap and Trim around the top edge of the Kitty Bra. I used Kreinik 1/16" Ribbon 002V for the Strap and Trim; couched with Kreinik size 4 002V. Another name for 002V is "Vintage Gold." It took me a while to realize the Kreinik Metallics had numbers & names.

I used a Chenille Needle to pierce the canvas thread as needed during the Couching procedure. Here's my definition for Inline Couching: the Couched Ribbon is pierced "in a line" by small tacking stitches. You can see with the second photo the piercing of the couched Ribbon.

So, do you see my Pinhead stitches and Securing L-Knots In the midst of the Kitty Face? What's up with that?... to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive