Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Ode to Spring continues...

Hi Everybody... Robin here.

I'd like to thank each of you for your sincere condolences regarding Mow. We are touched and thankful.

EWE & Eye (EW 1003 • Mary S.)

But now... it's time to resume our Ode to Spring. This pillow is from EWE & Eye. I stitched it with Amy during her canvas enhancement classes. The choice of this pillow was because of my (then) new collection/obsession of Patricia Breen's Beeskeps. (I know... it's a strange word. Another definition would be a Beehive.)  It's always fun to have our other interests represented in needlepoint.




I thought this canvas would be the perfect announcement to Spring. Amy suggested the Spring Stitch. (Who knew?!) I used Rainbow Linen for the large X stitches to give it that woven look. I also used DMC Linen Floss for the Vertical Satin stitches. It really looks hive-y, if you know what I mean. I found the cute JABC Bee Buttons, too. I had it finished at Marlene's in San Francisco; a subtle, yet classic look.

Well, I've been working on Mehitabel. She's the Witch in the Creepy Characters from NeedleDeeva. Finished her outfit today... it's Halloween Couture. Tomorrow I will tackle her Hair and Makeup. (Something I rarely do for myself. Oy, the pressure!)

Enjoy the day... I'll be back soon. Thanks, Robin

1 comment:

  1. Interesting! That stitch makes such good sense, yet I can't remember seeing it before. It's sure ideal for the beeskep purpose. Thanks for the new stitch!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive