Sunday, April 3, 2011

Another Spring Cleaning, of sorts

Hi Everybody... Robin here.

Blogger has a new function... you've first seen it with Jane/Chilly Hollow's blog and recently in Ruth Schmuff's blog. Well... it was time Needlepoint Study Hall bog had that function, too. Don't you think?


If you look towards the top of the blog, you will now see HOME and HALLOWEENIES. I have made a separate page for HALLOWEENIES and those previous blog entries. Actually this collected information had always been available to you. Oh, I'm feeling a Wizard of Oz analogy coming on...

Remember when Dorothy is trying to get home. She gathered her friends, went to see the Wizard, fought the Wicked Witch, and after the Hot Air Balloon took off without her, Glinda the Good Witch told her that she could have always gone home. All she needed to do was to click her heels and repeat: "there's no place like home." I love the Wizard of Oz movie. It's my favorite. I've even created a Wizard of Oz Christmas tree with collection and collected ornaments. I'll show it to you during December.

Well, the point of that little story was... I already had the Previous Topics list in place. You can see it on the  right column of the page. Here's what it looks like:


The Previous Topics are listed in a cloud formation; in order of the number of entries related to the topic. So, if you wanted to see all of the Halloweenies entries, you could click on the Halloweenies name and those labeled topics would appear. If you want to see the Glad Press 'n Seal discussion, then click on that link. If you want to see the links about... OK, I think you get the idea.

Well, that's all for now. As Melinda is stitching Queen Elizabeth, I've got arachnid-royalty on my radar. I'm going to get back to the Spider Queen's crown. Thanks, Robin

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps in a few months those of us who much much much less computer literate than you three (Ruth, Jane and you) may try some of this as well.....

    Like the idea, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patt,
    Good to hear from you. You know, I will certainly share any info that I've learned. Also, here's the link within Blogger which was very helpful.

    http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?answer=165955

    We are so glad you have come back to blog. And, for those wanting to know, Patt's blog is listed to the right called Patt's Blog. Catchy title, don't you think. She is the designer of Patt and Lee's Designs.

    Here's her link:
    http://pattandleedesigns.blogspot.com/

    Thanks, Robin

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive