Saturday, September 4, 2010

Spiders and more!

My spiders are funky, but at least they don't bite.

Use a sharp needle for the legs and the web, (but not for the spider).  That will let you stitch through the canvas thread, if necessary, to get the placement right.  Not that mine are even or anything!   I used a 24 chenille. It really makes a difference.

I am so amazed at how much better these spiders are than the ones I put on Stirha Cal-Dron.  I don't know about you, but each time I sit down to stitch a raised spider, or any of the spiders, I have to re-learn it.  I whipped out DVD #8, "Spiders and More!".   It really helped me out.

1 comment:

  1. I had to look at the big picture of the Dr. to figure out that the gray blob on the right is going to be a mouse.

    I like your spiders. I'd have stitched dancing legs myself but then spiders in CH never stay still long due to our chasing them with rolled up newspapers and bug spray. I'm sure the Dr. would never treat them that way!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive