Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Decorations from Robin - part 6

Hi Everybody... Robin here.

Halloween Festival 2011 continues. Here we go!


Here is my Halloween Cat Pull Toy from Melissa Shirley Designs (MSD 700). I first saw this canvas at M's Canvashouse when I was visiting my family. I knew I had to have it! Then, I came home and worked on it during Amy's canvas enhancement classes on Thursdays. I had it finished at Marlene's/San Francisco. Love the fringe.


I wrote its stitch guide and many people have enjoyed stitching it. Congratulations to Betsy Swartwood who received Best of Show at the Kentucky State Fair for her Halloween Cat Pull Toy. Here is what Betsy said about her experience:
"I just wanted to share with you the ribbons this piece received at the 2011 KY State Fair. Thanks so much for a wonderful stitch guide! My only change was substituting the gold bead on the handle! Needless to say, I was thrilled. Again, thanks so much."  -- Betsy Swartwood
I have also written the Halloween Crow Pull Toy (MSD 700-B) stitch guide. I haven't stitch it myself,  but did use many of the same stitching techniques from the Halloween Cat Pull Toy.


Both canvases were on 13 mesh, available from Melissa Shirley Designs. LOVE her designs. Oh, look... you could do the same pumpkin treatment like I did for the Tall Sickly Green 3-D Wacky Halloween House.


The Pull Toy Wheels technique are also in DVD #8, Spiders and More! Well, that's all for now. Next time will be the Halloween Mini-Stockings.

Until then... Thanks, Robin

1 comment:

  1. Loved all your Halloween decorations, my oh my, you are just as crazy as me :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive