Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween Decorations from Robin - part 5

Hi Everybody... Robin here.

Let's continue with my Halloween Showcase. Yes, I know... Day 5, but I really ♥ Halloween.



Here is my Tall Sickly Green 3-D Wacky Halloween House. It is from Melissa Shirley Designs (MSD 576-B). I stitched it during Amy's canvas enhancement classes on Thursday nights. Once it was finished, I gave Amy the class notes from which she assembled her Home Study project.


I had fun stitching this house and learned many techniques including Raised Stem stitch for the Pumpkins (you can see the technique in DVD #8, Spiders and More!)


I also became comfortable with the "barely there" coverage for both the house walls and the roof shingles. Notice the overdyed threads did all of the work!

Well, that's all for now. I've got more to Halloween to show you!

Until then... Thanks, Robin







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive