Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Halloween Decorations from Robin - part 3

Hi Everybody... Robin here.

The theme of Halloween decorations continues: Needlepoint Ornaments from my past.

My needlepoint stitching was whipped into a frenzy when my youngest sister, Midge, worked at M's Canvashouse in Lexington, KY. She told me about the wonderful painted canvas designs and that I would really enjoy this kind of needlework. How right she was!

Who knew needlepoint would be a perfect way to further enhance my Halloween decorations and passion for the season?


I began stitching Halloween Ornaments. A few of my favorite designers were (and still are!) Shelly Tribbey, Kathy Schenkel, Renaissance Designs, A Collection of Designs, Jody Designs, etc...  All of these ornaments were finished by M's Canvashouse in Lexington, KY.


Look at the stands I found to hang individual ornaments. The wooden blocks from Kathy Schenkel are so colorful, don't you think?



Ornament Holders are just the right thing to showcase your stitching. Keep your eyes open for your next showpiece holder. I've had the best luck finding them at fancy florist/gift shops.

Next up in the saga of Halloween Decorations: Treat Bags!

Until then... thanks, Robin

3 comments:

  1. I never ever would have thought to look at a florist's for ornament stands, either for Halloween or any other holiday. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me either Jane. How great are those Stands. At one time Cheryl Shaffer made some stands for some Santa Heads by MS for Bev Churchfield and they were so cute.

    Robin, as always your stitching is an inspiration to the rest of us. Terrific ornaments and thanks for sharing them

    Sue V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Robin - what a wonderful assortment of ornaments! Some clever, crafty person out there should come up with a line of those fabulous stands that feature all the holidays. I wish it were me - I'd have one for every holiday season. Thanks for sharing your goodies with us!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive