Thursday, October 13, 2011

Halloween Decorations from Robin - part 1

Hi Everybody... Robin here.

It's the countdown to Halloween. Time to step into the Wayback Machine and show some of the pieces I have stitched. Here we go...


One of my favorites is this 5x5 cube from Melissa Shirley Designs. I loved the designs but couldn't decide which one to stitch. So, I stitched 4 of them. Then,  I had them made into a cube. The finishing was done by M's Canvashouse in Lexington, KY. Black Artic Rays from Rainbow Gallery was added along the edges. There is black moire fabric for the top and bottom. If this doesn't scream Halloween, I don't know what does!

Melissa said they don't keep older designs in stock but WILL paint anything in their catalog. These canvases are from the 484 series.
  • Frog 484-B
  • Candy Corn 484-F
  • Shoe 484-E
  • Hat 484-D
These were stitched during Amy's Thursday night canvas enhancement classes, again... back in the day. But, this idea isn't just for Halloween. Any four/same size canvases can be stitched and assembled into a cube. I've got my notes and can whip up a stitch guide for these, too.

I'll be back with more decorations from my Halloween archives.

Until then... Thanks, Robin

3 comments:

  1. They're so darn cute, I love them. I guess the way we're going soon enough we'll need a 6 ft Halloween tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Palma. I agree with you and the need for a 6 ft Halloween tree. Guess that's why I have so many trees... and, am still on the look for more. P.S. LOVED your Halloween tree, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin

    Thanks for sharing your cube. Love it and it is darling. Great idea and I can see a cube in my future...well, someday....so many things to stith. I need longer days

    Sue V

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive