Friday, September 23, 2011

The Harvest Fairy & the Autumnal Equinox

Hi Everybody... Robin here.

Happy September Equinox. For those of us living in the northern hemisphere, today is the Autumnal/Fall Equinox. Conversely, any blog readers in the southern hemisphere are enjoying their Vernal/Spring Equinox.

I found a nice website explaining the September Equinox. Their photo shows the Sun perpendicular to the Earth's north/south axis during this time of the year. Very interesting.

Here's the link: http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/september-equinox.html


The Harvest Fairy (MSD DM-09) wanted be present for everyone's first day of Fall. I think this piece is a nice introduction to my favorite time of the year. The gripping temperatures are easing up. The leaves are starting to change colors. The wind is nice and breezy. There is a new bounce in my step. Sweet.

To refresh your memory, this is a Debbie Mumm® canvas from Melissa Shirley Designs. My stitch guide is available with detailed composite stitches and photographs. I used beads, ribbons, DMC Memory Thread, as well as wonderful threads from Gloriana, NPI, ThreadworX, and Rainbow Gallery.


The Harvest Fairy was finished by Marlene's in San Francisco. They did an awesome job.
When ordering the canvas from Melissa Shirley, please request my stitch guide (SGDM09). Or, you can directly contact me for the stitch guide. Email me at creativecats@comcast.net. It works either way.

I'd love to see more folks stitching the Harvest Fairy. She's a good companion. Until the next time...

Thanks, Robin

4 comments:

  1. Hi Robin,

    She is just beautiful. Your stitches for her are fabulous.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda. I really appreciate you. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin,

    She is just lovely and the finishing is just perfect.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin

    I was in A Stitch in Time last weekend and saw the kit. I've been thinking about her all week and bet I will be calling them to send her to me. Love the colors and I know you did her justice with your thread selection and stithes.

    Sue V

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive