Lately, I've been on a quest adding more Books to my Needlepoint library.
Some are new Market releases; others have been out and I am just now getting around to finding out about them. In no certain order or preference, here is what's new to me:
More Shadow Stitching aka dede says by dede Ogden
- Released in 2005, this dede Ogden book is a treasure. Spiral binding.
Stitches Ins & Outs Interiors and Exteriors Plus by Little Shoppe Canvas Company, Inc.
- Released March 2013, hot off the presses from Little Shoppe Canvas Company... the same talents who brought us the Landscapes Book. I really liked how the diagrams were done. White section indicates Layer One. Gray section indicates Layer Two. Black section indicates Layer Three. Dark Gray section indicates Layer Four. (Note to self: this is a must do!) Spiral binding.
A Banner Year by Brenda Hart
- This book is a re-release (2013) of Brenda Hart's stitch guides for the Monthly Banners by Rebecca Wood. There are quite a few stitches new to me which is nice as I already have Brenda Hart's previous 4 books. Color photography of each of the Banners. Spiral Binding.
Noses, Roses and Other Fun Stuff by Cynthia Thomas
- Released March 2013, self-published by Cynthia Thomas. This is a nice techniques book showing different ways to enhance our needlepoint. Spiral binding.
The Humble Bag's Wonderful Stitches by Diane Schultz
- Released in 1990, this book has wonderful stitches, indeed. Comb binding.
Encyclopedia of Needlework by Donna Kooler
- Released in 2000, this Leisure Arts Publication covers Needlepoint, Embroidery, and Counted Thread including Bargello, Specialty Stitches, Crewel, Candlewicking, Cutwork, Shadow Work, Hardanger, Counted Cross Stitch, Silk Ribbon Embroidery, Blackwork, Swedish Weaving, and Pulled Thread. The charted diagrams with their companion stitched diagrams are clear and inspiring. Soft Binding.
Needlepointing in Your Nest by Carolyn Hedge Baird
- Released in 2010, Carolyn Baird is most creative with her stitches and storytelling. Coil Binding.
Colorful Backgrounds by June McKnight
- Released in 2013, June McKnight's books are always a favorite. I have used many stitches from Colorful Backgrounds for some of the stitch guides I am writing. Coil Binding.
With the exception of Wonderful Stitches (out of print but still findable) all of these books are still available. Contact your Favorite Needlepoint Store to order. Enrich your library, why don't you. That stitch you've been looking for might be in these pages. I found mine in the Ins & Outs book, Fabric 38, page 31. Then, modified it for my needs.
|A stitch for you.|