Friday, February 15, 2013

TNNA / Long Beach 2013 recap - part 4

Hi Everybody... Robin here.

More TNNA / Long Beach 2013 memories...

Easter Village by Melissa Shirley Designs (1627-B)

No market is complete without a visit to Melissa Shirley Designs booth. As usual, she did not disappoint. I really liked her new Villages: the Easter Village and the Halloween Village. Wouldn't each of them be fun to stitch? You can also see the Christmas Village on her website.


Halloween Village by Melissa Shirley Designs (1627-C)

The Halloween Village revisits some of Melissa's Tricky Treaters, and puts them all into one place. You remember the ones I stitched, don't you?

Tricky Treaters stitched by Robin King
Stitch Guides available.

And, Melissa expanded her Cat profiles. Look at this Cat Bird. Very clever.

Cat Bird by Melissa Shirley Designs (1633-B)

Her cats remind me of one of my "works in progress" ... a Cat Fish canvas by Boots Bailey. Hopefully, someday, I will be able to work on it again.

Boots Bailey 7026

There were new colors of Sparkles in the Sundance Designs booth. New Flower Beads, too called Fab Flowers. Just look at all of those colors and sizes. Can't wait to use these in a Stitch Guide.

new Fab Flowers by Sundance Beads

I stopped by the River Silks Ribbons booth. Met a lovely, talented Ribbon expert named Linda Hopkins. She shared with me creative ways to use their 13MM Silk Ribbon. Thanks, Linda. I can't wait to try each of these techniques.


Creative techniques from Linda Hopkins
in the River Silks Ribbon booth

Printing on River Silks Ribbons?
Oh, I am so going to try it.

But, remember, I was here at Market to do more than walk the aisles. LOL.

On Sunday, I taught the Thistle class (ZE 178) by Zecca. It was an almost sold out class: 18 out of 20. (Look at the other classes being taught at the same time... by our industry leaders. I was honored with such an attendance.)

Can you find my name? Whee....

I would like to thank the generous companies who donated their canvases/threads/ beads for the Thistle class kits:  Zecca, Crescent Colors, DMC Corporation, Kreinik, Rainbow Gallery, and Sundance Designs. Again, the two-hour class went by fast. Everyone was impressed with the Cut Turkey Work technique and the Appliquéd Felt. 

Who says only one thread color in the needle at a time, right? Thanks to Stacy's photo of her progress during class which was posted to her Facebook page, The Nimble Needle - Atlanta. Looking good.


Work in progress during the Thistle class 

I stopped by the Kreinik booth to show the finished Thistle. These photos are from Dena (@KreinikGirl on Twitter). Again, working all types of social media. Dena took some fun photos. Be sure to follow Kreinik on Twitter. You can follow me on Twitter, too. I am @catmom6.

Before and After of Thistle (ZE 178)

Thistle by Zecca (ZE 178)
Canvas comes with Stitch Guide by Robin King

Cute photo by @KreinikGirl
Be sure to follow Kreinik on Twitter

I have more to share with you. Visit again, why don't you. Until the next time... Hugs, Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive