Tuesday, February 12, 2013

TNNA / Long Beach 2013 recap - part 2

Hi Everybody... Robin here.

Reliving the days spent in Long Beach, sunny California. Every morning this was my view as I walked from the hotel to the Long Beach Convention center. Very pleasant.

Early morning in sunny California

Saturday was my first class to teach: Sunglasses Sugar Skull (ND 453-D). His buddies came along for moral support. Who doesn't like a road trip? The two-hour class went fast. All points were covered. The shop owners learned a fun technique: Appliquéd Flair for the Sunglasses.

Smiling every day. 

Thanks again to the sponsors of this class: NeedleDeeva, DMC Corp, Kreinik, Rainbow Gallery, River Silks Ribbons, Sundance Designs, The Collection Designs, and Wichelt Imports. Your generosity was greatly appreciated.

I see stitches everywhere.

Speaking of needlepoint, do you ever see patterns or designs which could be needlepoint? I sure did. Look at the walls in the convention center (third floor). Reminds me of the Scallops Stitch from one of our earlier conversations?  Here's the link to refresh your memory.

How about this variation called Bargello Scallops? Try Tone on tone... or perhaps with many colors inside each area.



Saturday was spent working in the NeedleDeeva booth. Seeing shop owners, showing what's new, and writing orders was really fun to do. I did step out for a bathroom break and looked a few booths on my way back to home base.

I stopped by to see Judy Malahy (from J. Malahy Designs in Georgia). Judy is a Facebook friend; it was fun to meet her in person and to see her new designs. Take a look with me...

Pink & Black is very Chic.
Love these Nativity Ornaments

Cute Japanese girls

Mini Socks for Mews, Pups and You.

Halloween Hat with nice areas for stitches.

More Halloween. Just the right size.

Perfect for the Queen Bee in your life

Remember, all of these designs are now available from your Favorite Needlepoint Shop. I have my eyes on several of these. Here's the link to her website.

Well, more to tell... Come visit me again, OK?  Until then.... Hugs, Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive