Friday, January 18, 2013

The Thistle by Zecca (ZE 178) - part 2

Hi Everybody... Robin here.

The Thistle is at the framer. Getting all dolled up for the TNNA debut.

Thistle • Zecca (ZE 178)
Stitch Guide by Robin King

Tom Clifton, owner of T. Clifton Art in Memphis, is who I like to use. He has framed several of my other needlepoint pieces:

Kitty Bra and Tap Pants • SharonG (BT 50-42)
Stitch Guide by Robin King

Sunflower and Berries • NeedleDeeva (ND 309)
Stitch Guide by Robin King

Flowers in a Vase • NeedleDeeva (ND 311)
Stitch Guide by Robin King

Each time I go to T. Clifton Art, I clear my mind of any pre-conceived notions about frame choices. I let Tom's creative talents take the wheel. This time, we went Plum Eggplant for the frame and Gator Green for the liner. A very rich combination, indeed.

Again, prior to being framed, I gave myself some "extra" room outside the design area for the frame to attach. Especially with the Thistle art so close to the design edge... breathing room was needed.

I stitched across 9 canvas threads and once the frame is attached, about 4 canvas threads might be showing. Bonus: the extra border was very helpful covering my beginning/ending threads.

9 extra threads to give some breathing room for framing.

Notice my choice in magnet? The Sunflower. Guess what?.. the Thistle is in the Sunflower family. Who knew?!!

The Thistle has fun threads, too:  Splendor, DMC Perle Cotton size 8, Petite Sparkle Rays, Belle Soie Silk Floss, Neon Rays, Kreinik, and Sundance Beads & Sequins.

This Zecca canvas measures 3.5" x 5.5" on 18 mesh. It was a satisfying project to do.

Composite stitches, Turkey Work and Appliqued Felt
Stitch Guide by Robin King

Time to write the Teaching Manual and begin printing stitch guides. After that, will be the assembling  the donated Thread Kits. Let you favorite needlepoint shop owner know (who is attending TNNA/Long Beach) there are still seats available for my class on Sunday, February 3. They will also be able to stop by the Zecca booth and order the Thistle canvas (ZE 178). It comes with my stitch guide. Soon, you can stitch your own Thistle.

Until the next time...  Hugs, Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive