Thursday, October 11, 2012

Observing Brenda Hart

Hi everybody... Robin here.

Back at the Memphis airport. Heading to The Bristly Thistle to teach my two latest pieces: Sunflower and Berries (ND 309) AND Flowers in a Vase (ND 311). I am thrilled for this opportunity.

I still want to show you a few photos from my Brenda Hart class last week.

This canvas was being stitched by an attendee (Sue). The canvas is by The Point of It All Designs. It has an Art Deco vibe with a stylized Blue Heron.

I was so impressed with Brenda's stitch/thread choice for the flowers. Alternating long stripes of Petite Very Velvet with either Neon Rays+ or Neon Rays.

Now why didn't I think of that?

Love the look. Try it for clothes, witch hat, top hat, or foliage.

Brenda also demonstrated her beading Lasso technique; using a trolley needle as the separator... allowing the threads to divide and hug the bead.

I haven't had a chance to continue stitching my "Gift Rapt" by Charley Harper. Not because of want or desire, but rather because of working/stitching /stitch guide writing deadlines.

Like I said... The needlepoint world travels at warp speed.

Well, I plan/hope to blog from Florida. Until then... Hugs, Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive