Sunday, May 13, 2012

Teaching at Nashville Needleworks

Hi Everybody... Robin here.

Happy Mother's Day to each of you. Whether you are a cat mom, dog mom, bird mom, fish mom, or human mom... I hope you are enjoying this day.

Speaking of days, time sure has passed quickly since I returned from teaching at Nashville Needleworks and In Stitches Atlanta. I would like to give you a quick review of some of my highlights; in order as they occurred. First was Nashville.

Nashville Needleworks: Owners, Lisa Rusche and her sister, Emily Hennessy, rolled out their red carpet of southern hospitality for my visit. The sold-out Sunflower and Berries class was on Saturday from 9AM-4PM. Their shop is filled with wonderful finished pieces, canvases, threads, DVDs, books and accessories. They make the best use of vertical space I have ever seen. The NeedleDeeva Trunk Show was on the walls. I felt right at home.

Reviewing the thread kits.
One of the two classroom tables.
I drove up on Friday afternoon heading east along I-40 towards Nashville. 206 miles later, I was at The Brentwood Bed & Breakfast. Lisa is also the owner of this lovely B&B so it was my place to sleep. If you are ever in the Nashville area and want a wonderful B&B experience, do consider The Brentwood Bed & Breakfast.

The Brentwood B&B
located outside of Nashville, TN
They are on the Historic Registry of B&B, located on beautifully groomed acreage with trees and deer.

Here is the view of The Brentwood B&B front yard.
Their rose garden was in full bloom and was a delight to see from the dining room. The bedrooms are spacious, clean, and inviting. I stayed in the Nashville Room.

My comfortable bed at The Brentwood B&B.
The Nashville Room
The Breakfasts were awesome. On Sunday, there was a 3-course Breakfast; not three items on one plate...  three separate services. OMG! it was wonderful. The Breakfast began with your choice of Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice or a combination of Orange/Cranberry Juice. I selected the combo. It looked so pretty. Just like a Tequila Sunrise... only without the Tequila. Peggy (their resident Chef) served Poached Pears with Homemade Granola; Asparagus/Leek/Potato Quiche garnished with a wonderful red bell pepper sauce and sauteed vegetables on the side; and Belgium Waffles with Strawberries for dessert. Dessert for breakfast??? It was Chef Peggy's special touch. What a lady!

I enjoyed meeting Lisa and Emily; two talented sisters offering a wonderful needlepoint experience in the Nashville area. We are talking about having a Stitching Retreat where you would stay at the B&B and have needlepoint class at their shop. It could be a canvas enhancement class or a project class... I am game, either way. The distance between both locations is four miles... both in lovely Brentwood, TN. I am so ready to go back to Nashville... after all, it's only 206 miles away.

I told the Lions I would be back.
It was time to pack up and head back home. I had been treated like royalty and met new friends, too. My time at Nashville Needleworks was fun and enlightening. I headed back home to Memphis with only a few days to regroup and get ready for my trip to Atlanta at In Stitches. I will talk about that trip next time.



Until then... Hugs, Robin


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for choosing River Silks 100% silk ribbon. The Sunflowers and Berries has become quite a popular class!

    Jill K Dutcher
    Marketing/Web Development
    River Silks Ltd
    www.riversilks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill. Thanks for visiting the blog. The River Silks ribbons are awesome. I am really a fan of the 7MM and 13MM ribbon sizes, too. Great product. Can't wait to use them again.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive