Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Teaching at In Stitches (Atlanta)

Hi Everybody... Robin here.

Four days after Nashville Needleworks, Jules (the cat) was helping me pack my suitcase.

Jules loves a suitcase.

She knew I was going on an airplane. Destination: In Stitches (Atlanta, Georgia) to teach Sunflower and Berries (ND 309). Here are some highlights from my travels.

In Stitches (Atlanta): On Thursday, Bam Coleman, owner of In Stitches, met me at the airport. When she drove up, there was already a passenger in the car. You will never guess who it was!.... Vicky De Angelis from California. Vicky decided to travel to Atlanta to take the class. What a surprise. How fun to have Team Deeva in ATL.

Bam brought us to her lovely home where I met Harry, the cat... a most friendly Maine Coon cat. He made me feel right at home.

Harry, a very fine cat.
Class days were Friday and Saturday. Again, the Sunflower and Berries canvas was taught to a sold-out crowd. It was fun to meet the women in attendance... many were already Facebook/Blog friends. Melinda from Living the Good Life blog and Vicky from Mostly Needlepoint blog were there. Vicky won the Travel Trophy, but Elizabeth came in second traveling from North Carolina.

Bam had each table decorated with vases filled with Sunflowers. Her dinner plates and napkins also had the Sunflower theme. Bam is the ultimate Southern Belle Hostess.

River Silks Ribbons were wonderful.
Sharon G mentioned that In Stitches has an unbelievable assortment of Threads. Truer words haven't been spoken! I do believe I saw the largest variety of Threads ever seen under one roof. In Stitches is truly Atlanta's premiere needlepoint shop. You can read more about it on Vicky's blog.

I also did some retail therapy at In Stitches.
After class, Bam took us for dinner; celebrating with the tasty Atlanta cuisine. Our desserts were at home: ice cream and a movie with Harry.

Vicky and I are planning on returning to In Stitches... to teach together. Bam suggested the idea and we said yes before she could finish the sentence. Any chance to return to ATL, Bam and Harry is good with me.

Since returning home from Atlanta, I hit the ground running and haven't stopped yet... which explains my absence from the blog. I will share more with you the next time. Until then... Hugs, Robin

5 comments:

  1. You and Vicky together! AND Atlanta is within driving distance! Let me know when!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will certainly let you know. Thanks for visiting the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your class so much Robin! And, I'm still enjoying working on this beautiful canvas. I'll be I. Your neck of the woods beginning tomorrow. Hope our paths cross at some point while I'm in Memphis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melinda. It was so good to meet you in person. Have fun while visiting Memphis. Your Sunflower and Berries is looking awesome. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive