Thursday, May 5, 2011

Research for Hooty

Hi Everybody... Robin here.

Halloween Hooty Owl • ND 0467-i
NeedleDeeva • Creepy Characters
I have stitched the various sections on my current Creepy Characters canvas (ND 0467-i), dancing all around the center feature, Hooty, his very self. Now it's time to do some research about Owls. I think I am the last person to join the Owl craze.

It is exciting to see the number of Owls available in needlepoint. Here are just a few which have stood out in my mind: EyeCandy Needleart, Melissa Shirley Designs, Raymond Crawford, Zecca, and now NeedleDeeva. Hooty will be on the back cover of this fall's Needlepoint Now magazine with my Stitch Guide listed inside. How exciting.

Hoot Owl Solo • N107A
EyeCandy Needleart
Vintage Owl • MSD 1406
Melissa Shirley Designs
HO 330
Raymond Crawford

Night Owl • ZE 112
Zecca

So, I needed to do some research. I found a nice website called
The Owl Pages. The nature photos gave me inspiration to find just the right threads. So far, I am considering Fuzzy Stuff, Burmilana, and Petite Very Velvet. I will think this through, test the threads and stitches, and hopefully, do Hooty right. You will be the first to see the end results. Thanks, Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive