Sunday, July 23, 2017

Instant Pot means more time for Needlepoint

Hi Everybody... Robin here.

When I'm on deadlines, the domestic goddess within me takes a break. All hands on deck to get the stitch guides done and me on the airplane... dusting and vacuuming can wait for another day.

Cooking is another time interrupter. Turkey Sandwiches are the quick fix. Chinese take out or Whole Foods hot bar are my go-to when I have entered the "not cooking" zone.

We've all faced this same dilemma: lose track of time while in our Needlepoint world, and then someone asks..."What's for dinner?"

I have discovered a wonderful kitchen helper... the Instant Pot. My sister Kathy has one and she showed me its merits when I was visiting the family last year.

The Instant Pot is a duo 7-in-1 multi-use programmable Pressure Cooker and Slow Cooker. I have the 6-Quart, but it also comes in 8-Quart capacity. I got mine from Amazon. Here's the Instant Pot link.

Instant Pot
Programmable touch pads

There's no need to fear the Instant Pot. Yes, it's a pressure cooker, but those hissing-spinning-jiggly-valve stove top pressure cookers from our youth are long gone. We've entered the 21st century and speed is our trusty companion.   

There are cookbooks to help you thru the learning curve as well as an Instant Pot Community on Facebook. Quite a few foodie bloggers are now incorporating Instant Pot recipes.

There's even an App for that! I use this App on my iPad. There is an Android App, too. 
Instant Pot App on iTunes
Download iOS App here
Instant Pot App on Google Play
Download Android App here

Here are some links to the recipes I have used with great results and fanfare...





So with all that newly found time... I was able to chart more stitches. Lucky me... lucky you. 😊

MSD  Trellis
inspired by the one and only Melissa Shirley

Framed Diamonds with Bead Center
a diamond pattern with some extra pizzazz

Well, that's all for now. Going to make some Spaghetti sauce in the IP. Dinner will be ready in an Instant!

Until the next time... HUGS!  Robin

1 comment:

Blog Archive