Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Teaching at Pocket Full of Stitches - part 1

Hi Everybody... Robin here...

Getting ready to pack and head to Lubbock, Texas.

What? Why? Where?... When?

Earlier this year I had been contacted by Megan Lewis (owner of Pocket Full of Stitches) and was asked if I would be their Teacher for the Stitcher's Retreat 2013.

September 27-29, 2013
How cool is this!

What an honor and what an undertaking! Twenty one (21) canvases -- all of a Halloween/Fall/Harvest/Autumn theme -- were sent for me to write stitch guides and create thread lists.

In the meantime, I also wrote 10 Stitch Guides and taught two classes at The Needle Bug; wrote 12 Stitch Guides and taught at Peacock Alley Needlepoint, and taught the Flowers in a Vase class at In Stitches.

You might say I've been a wee-bit busy! (Maybe a reason for spotty blogging, too?)

But, I am happy to say, I got it done... and am looking forward to traveling to Pocket Full of Stitches in Lubbock, TX.

From Memphis, TN to Lubbock, TX
Home of Pocket Full of Stitches

The Meet & Greet begins on Thursday, September 26, and the classes are Friday, Saturday and Sunday. All events are going to be off-site at the Overton Hotel & Conference Center. How fun is that!

new Stitch Guides by Robin King

new Stitch Guides by Robin King

I've poured my creative energies into these canvases. Can't wait to see the stitching. Pictures will be taken so I will report back to you when I return home.

If anyone is interested in these stitch guides, just let me know.  Email me at creativecats@comcast.net.

If any stores are interested in me teaching at their location, let me know, too. Same email. My 2014 calendar is kind of open.

OK, will see you after Texas. Until then... Hugs, Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive