Sunday, October 9, 2011

Alabama... here I come.

Hi Everybody... Robin here.

At the end of this month, I will be teaching at The Needle Bug. How exciting it that!


The Needle Bug is located in Montgomery, Alabama, and is owned by Leigh Miller. They have a strong presence on the website, too. Here's their link: http://theneedlebug.com/

I met Leigh at the Columbus / TNNA market this past June. She had heard about me; I had heard about her. When we met, it was like old home week. We were in the NeedleDeeva booth, admiring the Creepy Characters. Leigh said she wanted me to come teach at her shop in October. I showed her the finished Columbus Heart (ND 150G; named because it debuted at the Columbus market) and she loved it.


It is a good teaching piece. Crescent Roses. Ribbon Mums. Beading. Getting comfortable about stitching over the painted canvas in order to layer the design. These techniques can build confidence and inspiration for other projects, too.

I will be there for 2 days, October 28 and 29, 2011. If you are in the area, or want to take the class long-distance, give Leigh a call. The Needle Bug has true southern charm.

You can read the previous blog postings about the Columbus Heart located in the topic bar as well as clicking on this link: NeedleDeeva Heart #150G. The design measures 3.75" W x 6.25" H on 18 mesh, and comes with my stitch guide.


Look how you can finish this canvas.  Michele Herron from the Bristly Thistle was in my TNNA class, and her piece was finished with "Welcome" added at the bottom. I LOVE this idea. Thanks for sharing, Michele.

I'll be blogging more about my trip to The Needle Bug once I get there. I am so excited for this opportunity to travel, meet other stitchers, share information, and shop!

Until the next time...      Robin

2 comments:

  1. I bet you have a blast. Montgomery is a lovely small town, full of charm and history and Southern hospitality. It's been a long time since I've visited (my oldest friend lives there) but I doubt much has changed to make Montgomery anything but wonderful. Enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jane. I am looking forward to the experience!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive